Open Job Position
GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYST
Synami is a company with a proven track record of delivering innovative software products that are trusted by more than 6 million users and over 4,500 companies, ranging from micro-companies up to some of the leading Fortune 500 enterprises. It is also part of the bigger, multi-business group, which includes industries such as real estate, software product development, asset management, and renewables and energy.
About the Role:
The Group Financial Analyst role encompasses Synami and its Group, with operations in North Macedonia, Malta, the Netherlands, the UK, Luxemburg, and Switzerland.
This role reports to the Group CEO and works closely with the executive leadership. The main responsibility of this role is to analyze data to identify opportunities or evaluate outcomes for business decisions or investment recommendations. The Group Financial Analyst is also responsible for overseeing and controlling the Group companies’ financial performance, analyzing business performance and market conditions, and helping leadership take tactical and strategic decisions by providing the needed reports.
This role will be involved in various interesting corporate and investment projects related to the rapid expansion of the business and its activities that open great opportunities for further professional growth. Strong business judgment needs to be exercised, with excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Support growth of financial performance through analysis of business and financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Build up financial models to support valuation, budgeting, and forecasting, standard and specific by company and investment project
- Create and implement operational and financial key performance metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial reports for decision support
- Report on financial performance, support management in preparations for and prepare for regular monthly reviews
- Analyze and evaluate past, budgeted, and forecasted results, perform variance analysis, identify, and analyze trends, and make and interpret comparative analysis
- Offer recommendations for optimization and improvements, and support decision making
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standards and other reports, and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools using Excel and the companies’ BI applications
- Conduct market research, valuation comparisons to support internal financial analysis and M&A financial analysis
- Participate in financial due diligence, create financial due diligence reports and valuations
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation in developing financial models
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends in the financial industry
- Assist in month-end close, including reconciliation, journal entries, accruals, and consolidations
- Assist in the implementation of ERP and BI systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 5+ years of working experience in business finance, investment banking, financial controlling
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Strong fluency with Excel functions and formulas
- Excellent written and spoken English in a professional environment
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Strong business judgment
- Ability to work in a progressive and dynamic environment
- Organizational skills, ability to lead and work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in working with senior executives
- Solutions-oriented mindset, proactivity, and initiative oriented
- Risk assessment capabilities
- Experience in working with international business factors
- High adaptability, flexibility, and learning appetite for various industries
- IFRS, ACCA, CPA, FP&A, FMVA, or other relevant certification
- Knowledge and experience in M&A and multi-business companies
- Working experience in company valuations in different industries
What we offer:
- An opportunity to gain international business experience
- A friendly and supportive working atmosphere
- The possibility for personal and professional growth
- Competitive compensation
Synami is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce.
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would like to explore further, when submitting your application, please include a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above.
Group Financial Analyst
Skopje, North Macedonia